Biocide tablet to avoid clogging in drain pan have been using widely used in many places, for example, cold storage, hospitals, offices, factories … to handle and control certain types of bacteria, algae that cause clogging and harmful to human from starting the operating people directly
In the article below, let’s find out more detailed information about this treatment and product
- 1. Why should use biocide tablets for AHU AHU, FCU, air-conditioner for anti-clogging and anti-bacteria
- 2. How to use biocide tablets for AHU, FCU air conditioner for anti-clogging
- 3. Packaging and storage of anti-clogging tablets AHU-FCU-7014
- 4. Legionella bacteria cause disease and how to control it
- 5. Ways to limit Legionella bacteria and biofilm at AHU, FCU
1. Why should use biocide tablets for AHU AHU, FCU, air-conditioner for anti-clogging and anti-bacteria
For more information, please refer to the articles “Cooling Tower Water Saving” and “Collecting Water from the Air”.
Low-temperature heat exchangers such as AHU, FCU, refrigerators, air conditioners, cold storage… of offices, schools, commercial centers, hospitals, hotels… often encounter some problems of bacteria, algae that causing harmful odors, clogging at drain pan and piping. This may seem normal at first, but then it becomes serious.
Harmful bacteria spread in the air such as Legionella, others produce H2S and NH3 gases that cause discomfort.
AHU-FCU-7014 is Biocide tablet for AHU, FCU, air-con with convenient in anti-clogging, avoiding corrosion
To avoid this problem, it is recommended to use FCU-AHU-7014 tablets located in drain pan to control bacteria, anti-clogging ensure are always clean, eliminating all odors.
These tablets are specialized for water drain pain obtained from dehumidification of the air, with long solubility, about 2-3 months, neutral properties, ensuring no corrosion to metal material and convenient in use, storage.
With and without use AHU-FCU-7014 at drain pan
2. How to use biocide tablets for AHU, FCU air conditioner for anti-clogging
Use about 5 tablets of AHU-FCU-7014 for an area of 1m2, need to be arranged evenly, at the outlet must have 1 tablet. Depending on the amount of dust in the surrounding air, more can be placed. However, it is necessary to ensure that drain pan with a slope to avoid a lot of remaining water, can be used about 2-3 months.
Note: If drain pan with much algae or clogging, it should be cleaned before using this anti-clogging tablet. When cleaning, do not put dirt into the drain, because it will continue to cause blockage and have to collect separate waste.
Clean the clogged pipes by soaking in chemical but not good way
3. Packaging and storage of anti-clogging tablets AHU-FCU-7014
- Weight: 20 grams/tablet, size: 35mm.
- Each tablet AHU-FCU-7014 is packaged in a plastic bag.
- Aluminum blister packaging: 4 tablets, 8 tablets, 16 tablets.
- Safe storage measures: Store in a dry place at room temperature, keep out of children.
4. Legionella bacteria cause disease and how to control it
4.1. Overview of Legionella
There are many documents, information topics about the lethal risk of Legionella. Therefore, we only summarize the main points and the content below with refered from internet source and at: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Legionella
- Legionella is a gram-negative bacterium that includes the bacteria that cause Legionellosis or Legionnaire’s disease, most notably L.pneumophila. Legionella is easily conceivable in many place, with at least 50 species and 70 serogroups identified. Legionella is named after an unknown outbreak of “mysterious disease” in July 1976 that sickened 221 people, resulting in 34 deaths.
- This disease is transmitted through the air.
- In the United States, the disease affects between 8,000 and 18,000 individuals each year.
- Use of Vaccines: There is no approved Legionellosis vaccine, only the drug under study, which would take a long time to get approved.
- Legionella control limits for each country’s system in developed countries are also slightly different. In general, this is really getting more attention in countries to achieve high safety standards.
- The World Health Organization (WHO) has warned and recorded the epidemic for a long time.
Legionella pneumophila shape and lives in the lungs
Some symptoms caused by Legionella
4.2. Places with a lot of Legionella
Legionella like other microorganisms, if the conditions are met, they will survive (have pathogens from the air and a place to attach) and grow (light, moisture, nutrition, oxygen). .
- Is the best place for bacteria to survive, grow and spread through the air, the operator. Some cooling towers are located where the surrounding buildings are more of a risk.
Legionella lives in the tower and flies with the fan and wind
- Research in the Journal of Infectious Diseases (2006) provided evidence that L.pneumophila, the causative agent of Legionnaires’ disease, can travel at least 6 km from the source of airborne transmission.
- A team of French scientists looked in detail at an outbreak of Legionnaires’ disease that took place in Pas-de-Calais – Northern France in 2003 – 2004. Of the 86 confirmed cases during the outbreak, There were 18 deaths.
At drain pans of AHU, FCU, Aircon
- Here, the humidity is very high; the dirt clinging to the coils is a good condition for bacteria and Legionella to grow. This is a tight space, gas is trapped and there is direct or indirect contact with the operator, who then spreads the infection to the other person.
Dirty air conditioner coils are good conditions for Legionella to live and grow
- Dirty water pipes, not cleaned and disinfected periodically will be the place to live and spread Legionella.
- Water pipes lead to places of use such as houses, schools, buildings, etc.
Water pipe containing Legionella
Other places have found Legionella
Drinking water, swimming pools, fountains, wastewater after treatment, Legionella is present in industrial cutting oils…
4.3. How to control Legionella
Legionella disease prevention is better than cure
- Ensure the system is always clean through water and air treatment, minimizing the biofilm that is the best place for bacteria to grow.
- Periodically check every 3 – 6 months for all high-risk sites. There are many customers who do better than the standard and regulations, are monthly to check and handle – control in a timely manner.
- Depending on the system, the handling and control methods are also different. Contact us – UCE Co., Ltd for the fastest support for each case!
5. Ways to limit Legionella bacteria and biofilm at AHU, FCU
In all places where the air is supplied with cold, especially the air conditioning system, the air conditioner needs to be clean. The bacteria are airborne and grow in gutters. In particular, high-demand places called clean rooms such as isolation rooms, intensive care units, bone marrow and bone transplant units, operating rooms, cancer suites and respiratory therapy areas – where there is a possibility of find the patient with an infection; testing labs of microbiology , food, pharmaceutical, high-tech such as electronic boards…
- Design the water drain pan with appropriate inclination to limit remaining water or the need for a pump to automatically suck when the water trough is full.
Pumping water for AHU and air conditioner
- Ensure there is no drip in areas such as isolation rooms, intensive care units, bone marrow and bone transplant units, operating rooms, cancer suites.
5.1. Disinfection treatment in the air
Built-in UV lamp after dust filter of AHU
Mounting UV lamps for the general air passage
Integrated UV light at each FCU, air conditioner
5.2. Use AHU-FCU-7014 for anti-clogging tablets
( As mentioned at the beginning)
Above is information related to cold system anti-clogging tablets as well as how to handle and control Legionella bacteria, hopefully above writing will be useful information. In addition, in case you need detailed advice on anti-clogging methods in AHU, FCU, air-conditioner, etc., please contact UCE Co., Ltd directly for the fastest support.